October 1, 2014 - 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM EDT
Safe Schools / Healthy Students
During this Online Learning Event, participants will be provided with recommendations on how to:
- Improve school climate and conditions for learning for all students
- Implement strategies to support students with behavioral health needs
- Develop effective partnerships with law enforcement agencies
- Reduce the likelihood of student contact with the juvenile justice system
- Improve the collection and reporting of school discipline data
Participants will also learn about innovative approaches taken by states and local jurisdictions around the country in each of these areas.
You may wish to read: The School Discipline Consensus Report: Strategies From The Field To Keep Students Engaged In School And Out Of the Juvenile Justice System before the event located here: http://csgjusticecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/The_School_Discipline_Consensus_Report.pdf
This OLE will be archived on the TA Gateway just in-case you cannot join us on October 1st.