The National Center for Healthy Safe Children offers resources and technical assistance to states, tribes, territories, and local communities to promote the overall well-being of children, youth, and their families. We believe that, with the right resources and support, all communities – regardless of their ZIP code – can promote positive outcomes for children, youth, and families.
For help, contact the National Center for Healthy Safe Children.
- Call 1-866-577-5787
- E-mail Healthysafechildren@air.org
What We Do
The team of experts and resources available through the National Center for Healthy Safe Children can help your community build and support collaborations among education, public health, behavioral health, child welfare, juvenile justice, and law enforcement.
- Customized support to build, implement, and evaluate school-based mental health services, comprehensive violence prevention and school safety programs.
- Customized training and technical assistance to select, implement, and evaluate evidence-based and informed programs and services.
- Use a public health approach to change the way we address youth violence
- Engage youth and families in our work
- Support trauma-informed approaches
- Provide culturally and linguistically competent services and programs
- Decrease differences and reduce disparities among racial, ethnic, and sexual minority communities
- Improve the delivery and financing of behavioral health services
- Introduce, support, and nurture collaboration among and between systems at the local, state, and national level